This toothpaste recipe is kid-approved, and since it has no fluoride, its safe on babies, toddlers, and those with thyroid problems. Not only is this toothpaste recipe super easy to make, but it cleans your teeth without chemicals. Once you have the base ingredients, you can make your own toothpaste at the fraction of the cost of store bought toothpaste.
Remineralizing Toothpaste Ingredients
- 5 parts Calcium powder
- 1 part Diatomaceous Earth
- 2 parts Baking Soda
- 3 parts Xylitol Powder
- 5 parts coconut oil to get desired texture
- Optional ingredients: Essential oils for flavor (mint, cinnamon, and orange are all good)
- Mix all powdered ingredients (calcium, Baking Soda, Xylitol) well in a bowl.
- Add Coconut Oil one part at a time until you get desired consistency.
- Add any optional ingredients, including Essential Oils for flavor. (I added 10 drops of peppermint)
- Store in small container like ½ pint glass jar. To use, either dip clean toothbrush into it, or use Popsicle stick or spoon to put on toothbrush.