Most often it occurs after the age of 45 or 50, varying from person to person. Menopause may occur naturally due to aging or premature caused by surgical procedures.
What Are the Menopause Symptoms?
Chills, sleep problems, night sweats, sagging breasts with a reduction in size, weight-related problems, headaches, irregular palpitations, slow metabolism and several others are the most common menopause symptoms.
- Menstruation Cycle: During the initial stages or perimenopause (Premenstrual Syndrome) the body experiences irregular periods. As the menopause resumes, menstrual cycle completely ceases. There is no more period for over a year.
- Mood Swings: Extreme fluctuation in moods is a sign of menopause. It is related to hormonal changes the body experiences, and especially, estrogen secretion. Estrogen increases the production of serotonin which is directly linked to mood swings.
- Menopause Sweating: Night sweats and hot flushes are sure menopause symptoms. According to researchers, deteriorating estrogen levels are responsible for this, and there are 75% women suffer from menopause sweating.
- The decline in Sexual Intercourse: The sex hormones which are responsible for driving the interest (libido) declines after menopause. Due to a decline in hormonal production, you may experience a gradual decline in the interest for sexual intercourse with your partner.
- Vaginal Dryness: Blame it on menopause because it brings severe dryness in the vagina. Irritation, pain, and discomfort are caused by the dryness.
- Breast Size: Breasts may lose density. Opposite cases were also noticed when the breast size increased after menopause.
What Are Ways To Deal With Menopause Symptoms?
The effects of menopause on our health are manifested in loss of sexual desire and major health problems such as osteoporosis, arthritis, cystitis, urinary tract infection, weight gain, emotional stress and even premature ovarian failure. There is no way you can stop menopause, but you can surely experience a healthy and happy life if you start working towards it. Don’t ignore the early symptoms of menopause, rather, learn how to deal with menopause symptoms.
- Exercise: Physical fitness will ensure your mind and body responds well to menopause making it less stressful. Yoga, meditation, exercising will help you in several other ways. It will also help to reduce menopausal belly fat.
- Diet: Dietary changes are required to make up the loss in your body. Add plenty of vegetables, fruits and sources of protein in your diet. As the metabolism declines, you should start eating foods which are simple to digest. Food also drives the function of the enzymes and hormones in our body.
- Lifestyle: Eliminate any harmful activities once you learn that your body is aging. Smoking, drinking liquor, irregular sleeping habits only destruct us. Smoking and drinking increase the blood sugar and blood pressure in the body and may cause heart complications.
- Supplements: Menopause means a decline in all important bodily functions. This is when the body does not receive proper food and shows signs of deterioration. You should consult with your doctor and seek supplements if necessary. Green tea, Black Cohosh and several other natural and organic supplements are well known for treating menopause symptoms.
Black Cohosh: The Miracle Ingredient to Relieve Menopause Symptoms
Black Cohosh is the common name for Actaea racemosa and Cimicifuga racemosa. It is also popularly known as black snakeroot and black bugbane. The roots and rhizomes are used for medicinal purposes. The early German literature proves the use of this medicinal plant to treat menopausal symptoms, painful menstruation, and premenstrual discomfort.
More than two centuries ago, Native Americans discovered that the root of the black cohosh plant helped relieve menstrual cramps and menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, irritability, mood swings, and sleep disturbances.
In a recent study done by the researchers from the University Of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) on 120 patients with the menopause symptoms and effects shows the remarkable effect of the herb. In due course of the study, they found that black cohosh is found to be effective to treat the patients. The study has proved that the use of the herb reduced sleep problems, hot flashes and night sweats among the patients.
In another study, it has been claimed that the use of Black Cohosh reduces menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS), heart palpitations, vaginal dryness, nervousness, sleep disturbances, uterus fibroids, and vertigo. It is also considered as a safe alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy.