Our minds and bodies are constantly processing food, drink, thoughts, and emotions.
Try taking some time regularly for yourself. Here are 5 tips on how to create a spa day at home:
1) Take a Technology Break
- Make it a low-tech day. Keep your television, computer, cellphone and other electronics turned off.
- Go for a walk in the park. Find a quiet place and try these Two Meditation Techniques with step-by-step instructions.
- Attend a yoga class in your neighborhood
- Stretch at home
- Get a skipping rope
2) Try Tongue Scraping
Start your day by gently scraping your tongue (don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt!). In Ayurveda (a form of alternative medicine practiced in India), tongue coating is called “ama” and reflects metabolic debris. Tongue scrapersare used to clean the tongue.
3) Take Care of Your Body
Instructions on how to do a Dry Brush Exfoliation.
Learn how to take a contrast shower, which some alternative practitioners recommend to boost circulation and energy. Step-by-step instructions on Contrast Showers.
4) Cleanse Your Body
- Read 5 Tips for Getting Enough Water
- A cold weather cleansing tea is Ginger Tea with the juice of a lemon wedge.
- If you are a coffee drinker, switch to green tea for your detox day. Read How to Brew a Perfect Cup of Green Tea
- Learn how to make an alkaline vegetable broth for improved enzyme and cellular metabolism and general cleansing and detox. Alkaline Broth Recipe
5) Cleanse Your Mind
On your cleansing day, try to take steps to free yourself of the past events that continue to bother you.