Save some green—by making yourself this eco-friendly cleaning spray. A simple blend of fresh herbs, citrus peels, vinegar and water, it’s easy to make and harmless to use. Use this all-natural spray as you would a typical cleaner, and don’t be afraid to spray everywhere you clean.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Required: 10 Minutes
Supplies You’ll Need
- Large jar (quart-sized works well)
- Spray Bottles (preferably glass)
- Citrus peels (you can use lemon, orange or lime)
- Fresh herbs (try basil, sage or mint)
- 4 cups of white vinegar
DIY Cleaning Spray Instructions
- Fill a clean jar halfway with the citrus peels and herbs of your choice.
- Heat the vinegar to just below the boiling point. Tip: You can microwave it if you prefer.
- Pour the vinegar into the jar and let it sit for 24 hours or more. The longer you let it sit, the stronger it will smell of the citrus and herbs.
- Strain the vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray, wipe and clean!