This easy-to-make, therapeutic herbal toothpaste has great texture and taste.
This toothpaste recipe has been formulated and perfected over time—not only is it loaded with therapeutic herbs, but it has a great texture, and taste .
1. Slowly melt coconut oil in a double boiler until liquid.
2. Combine baking soda and kaolin clay in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour liquefied coconut oil in with the baking soda and clay mixture, and combine.
4. Add echinacea tincture, stevia extract (for flavor) and essential oil, mixing well.
5. Stir until coconut oil cools and mixture forms a thick paste. This step is important: If you pour the mixture into your container while the coconut oil is still warm, it may separate.
6. Once a thick paste has formed and mixture is completely cool, spoon into a container with a tight-fitting lid.
7. To use: Apply a small amount of paste to your toothbrush and brush as normal.
Recipe courtesy Faith Rodgers, founder of The Little Herbal blog.