Makes about two cups of spray.
Children one year old and older can try this echinacea throat spray to ease sore throat pain.
- ¼ cup dried, cut and sifted echinacea root
- ¼ cup dried chopped licorice root
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon dried osha root
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregon grape root
- 1 teaspoon dried wild indigo root
- 1¾ cups vegetable glycerin
- 1¾ cups distilled water
- Mix glycerin and water in a clean one-quart canning jar. Grind herbs in a clean coffee grinder. Add the herbs to the jar and seal tightly. Shake the jar daily for two weeks.
- Strain the herbs out of the glycerite and discard. Pour glycerite into one-ounce spray bottles (available from your pharmacist or natural food store.) When needed, shake well and spray on irritated throat up to four times daily to relieve irritation and fight infection.
Caution: Not for use during pregnancy.
Adapted from Kids, Herbs, & Health by Linda B. White, M.D. and Sunny Mavor, A.H.G.