Eye Makeup Remover
Makes 1½ ounces
Removing cosmetics without scrubbing is important to avoid damaging your skin. Castor oil is excellent for removing eye makeup. In this recipe, it is combined with two other natural oils that help remove makeup while conditioning your skin and eyelashes. Even the most stubborn mascara glides off effortlessly with this light oil mixture.
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 tablespoon castor oil
• 1 tablespoon light olive oil
1. Mix oils together and pour into a clean container.
2. Pour a small amount of oil onto a clean cotton pad and gently wipe over your upper and lower eyelashes and eyelids
Walnut Oil Eye Cream
Makes 2 ounces
Walnut oil is used to treat dry skin and is a key ingredient in many anti-wrinkle and anti-aging products. Use a small amount of this eye cream to protect and nourish the delicate under-eye area.
1. Mix together beeswax and oils in a small container or saucepan and heat gently until the wax is melted. Stir well and slowly stir in the rosewater.
2. Allow the mixture to cool and continue to stir so that the oil and water mixtures remain mixed. Spoon the cream into a small container.
Makes ½ ounce
This is a rich conditioning balm that you can use on your eyebrows to keep them in place and to keep the skin beneath them moisturized.
1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat gently until beeswax is melted.
2. Pour melted mixture into a small container and allow to cool completely.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002). For more recipes and ideas, visit her website at www.JaniceCox.com .