Use herbal ingredients from around the world to create your own Planet Earth bath bombs.
These bombs use ingredients from around the world: orange blossom for tranquillity; manuka to heal; grapefruit for the immune system; and frankincense for inner peace and calm.
• 1 cup granulated citric acid
• 2 cups baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon orange blossom essential oil
• 1/4 teaspoon manuka essential oil
• 1/4 teaspoon grapefruit essential oil
• 1/4 teaspoon frankincense essential oil
• 1 teaspoon melted shea butter
• 1/4 teaspoon liquid green color
• 1/4 teaspoon liquid blue color
This recipe makes 4 bombs.
Scent your recipe in the usual way, add the butter and put half of the mixture into another bowl. Color one half green and the other half blue; add the water in the usual way – you will need to move fairly quickly so that the mixture does not dry out. Fill one side of a round bath bomb mold with the green mixture and the other with blue, press together and un-mold the sphere in the usual way.
I have included quick links for easy shopping!
Bath Bombs (GMC, 2014) by Elaine Stavert whips up 15 fizzy and fragrant bath bomb projects to try out at home. Along with a basic starting bath bomb recipe, Stavert gives tips on finding objects around the house you can turn into bath bomb molds.