MAKES 2-1/2 CUPS
Bath salts are an easy way to soften hard water. They make water more slippery, soap more effective, and make your skin feel smooth and pampered. They are simple to make and are a wonderful addition to any summer bath.
• 1 cup borax
• 1/2 cup sea salt
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal (optional)
• 30 drops lavender or geranium essential oil
1. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, away from heat and light, for up to six months.
3. Use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of bath salts per bath, added after the tub is full.
4. Stir the bath well to dissolve them.
Mindy Green is an herbalist, aromatherapist, educator, and writer. She is the authorNatural Perfumes: Simple, Sensual, Personal Aromatherapy Recipes of