If you’re looking for a good DIY hand scrub recipe, then you might be looking for soft hands. However, expensive hand creams aren’t the answer. They can be loaded with chemical fillers and they always ignore a vital step in getting soft hands: exfoliation. Instead, fight dry, cracked winter hands with a food-based hand exfoliator formulated especially for your hands!
HOMEMADE HAND SCRUB
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Stir together the honey and coconut oil in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, blend the salt, sugar and lemon juice until it becomes crumbly.
- Pour the salt mixture over the honey mixture and stir until smooth.
- Store in a small glass storage container.
How to use your homemade hand scrub:
- Gently massage a marble-sized amount of homemade hand scrub into your hands for 30-60 seconds. (Don’t forget to exfoliate between your fingers!)
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry. The coconut oil provides enough moisture so you probably won’t need to follow up with anything else. If your hands are extra dry, you might want to apply some homemade whipped coconut oil.
- Repeat 1-2 times per week.
WHY THESE INGREDIENTS?
- Coconut oil: provides quality moisture and antibacterial/antiviral/anti fungal properties. Helps soften skin so it’s ready for exfoliation.
- Honey: heals and softens the skin. It’s mother nature’s best kept beauty secret!
- Salt and sugar: both are excellent for exfoliating and can also be healing for the skin.
- Lemon juice: brightens, softens, and helps remove odors from your hands.