Moisture from coconut oil, invigorating antibacterial properties from honey, and a tangy touch of citrus make this body wash unique.
Honey Coconut Body Wash Recipe
1. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and put it on the stovetop over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
2. Place coconut oil in the top and cover. Simmer until it’s melted, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute.
3. Put honey into a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, using a rubber spatula to get the remainder out of the pan. Whisk ingredients together for a minute, then add essential oils and whisk to blend.
4. Finally, add castile soap, whisking gently to create a uniform liquid. Do not overwhisk, as this activates the soap bubbles.
5. Carefully funnel mixture into a 16-ounce bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Label with contents and date; use within a year.
Honey Facial Cleanser
Honey has been used as a skin beautifier since ancient Egyptian times. For dry skin types, substitute whole milk for the lemon juice.
1. Mix together all ingredients until well-mixed.
2. To use: Massage gently into your face and neck and rinse well with warm water. Pat skin dry and moisturize well.