Savory yet refreshing, this no-cook cucumber soup recipe is perfect for summertime. The blend of cashew milk, cucumbers, and other fresh ingredients is reminiscent of traditional, cream-based soups.
Yield: 4 servings
• 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
• Pinch of sea salt
• 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
• 3 cups unsweetened cashew milk
• 3 tablespoons cold-pressed organic olive oil
• 1/4 small shallot, finely diced
• 3 dates, pitted
1. In a bowl, combine one of the chopped cucumbers with half of the lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
2. In your high-speed blender, puree the second cucumber with the remaining lemon juice, sea salt, avocado, cashew milk, olive oil, shallot, and dates. Pour the creamy mixture into a serving bowl, and then garnish with the reserved cucumber .