Beer Mustard Recipe
• 3/4 cup brown or yellow mustard seeds, or a mix
• 1/3 cup beer (brown ale, porter or stout)
• 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1. In a bowl with a lid, stir together all ingredients. Set aside on your kitchen counter for a couple of days, or in the fridge for a few days. Forget about it for a while.
2. When you remember it’s there, pour everything into a food processor and purée until smooth. Use immediately and for the next several months. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.