Honey has been used as a skin beautifier since ancient Egyptian times. For dry skin types, substitute whole milk for the lemon juice.
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
• 1 ⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Mix together all ingredients until well-mixed.
2. To use: Massage gently into your face and neck and rinse well with warm water. Pat skin dry and moisturize well.
Janice Cox and her daughter, Lauren Cox, co-authored EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends . Find it at Amazon.com
Honey Spice Mask
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pour honey into bowl, then add nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
2. Apply mask to face, being careful to avoid the eye area.
3. Let sit 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Follow with a moisturizer.
More recipes like this one can be found here: LizMarieBlog